Paul R. Janda
Paul is a trial attorney. He aggressively but efficiently defends businesses in industries including transportation, hospitality, construction, retail, and recreation, as well as government entities and nonprofits. While Paul is equipped to handle all phases of litigation from pre-suit investigations to appeals, his preference is to resolve cases on the legal merits before trial, having won motions to dismiss and motions for summary judgment within his first year of civil practice.
Paul’s trial advocacy skills are rooted in his background as a musician and coaching collegiate speech and debate. He continues to volunteer as a high school mock trial coach. Paul began developing his legal writing during law school, when he authored more than 20 appellate briefs for the Denver District Attorney’s Office. He then served as a law clerk to now-Chief Justice Nathan B. Coats at the Colorado Supreme Court.
1001 17th Street
Denver, CO 80202
JD: University of Colorado Law School, 2015
MM: University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, 2004, Music
BM: University of Nebraska, 2002, Music
- Colorado Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association
- Faculty of Federal Advocates
Articles & Publications // Presentations // Webinars
Author, “Fire, Flood, Famine and Pestilence: Climate Change and Federal Crop Insurance,” 26 Colo. Nat. Resources, Energy & Envtl L. Rev. 81, 2015
Business & Community Service
- Colorado Prairie Initiative Board, Founding Member, 2014-2016
- La Academia High School, Mock Trial Coach, 2015-2016
- Midwest Theater, Scottsbluff, NE, Board Member, 2009-2012
- Competitive Speech and Debate Coach, 2005-2012
Before his legal career, Mr. Janda was an orchestral musician and college music instructor and worked variously as a production supervisor, writing tutor, political organizer, and yak ranch hand.
Running, cycling, skiing, off-road vehicles, and food.
Blog Posts About Paul
- Hall & Evans Attorneys Contribute to ABA’s 50-State Survey of Licensed Design Professional Stamping and Sealing Obligations
- COGCC Enacts Stringent New Pipeline Rules in Wake of 2017 Firestone Accident
- Colorado Supreme Court Reiterates New Pleading Standard in Suit Against Planned Parenthood
- Hall & Evans Welcomes Six New Associates