Kelley Shirk’s article, “Negotiate ‘Standard’ Terms to Avoid Unexpected Obligations,” was recently published in the Colorado Real Estate Journal. Within the article, Shirk discusses the importance of tenants giving careful consideration to “standard” terms in a commercial lease regarding repair and maintenance responsibilities and if those terms are too broad for the tenants’ business needs. Shirk goes on to provide what those considerations may entail, examples of potential pitfalls of not negotiating a contract’s terms to suit a tenants’ needs, and ways to mitigate the lessee’s liabilities.
- Retirement of Alan Epstein
- Cash Parker Presenting NARTC Webinar on Developing and Presenting Helpful Coworker Testimony
- Kelley Shirk and Quinn Girrens Presenting Virtual Seminar on Construction Defect Litigation
- Ariana Busby and Alison Burke Presenting CDLA Webinar on DORA’s Regulatory Boards
- Colorado Legislature Limits Insurers’ Failure to Cooperate Defense