About Hall & EvansServing the Middle West Since 1932
Exceptional talent. Extraordinary results.
Hall & Evans is a regional law firm established in 1932 which focuses on civil and tort litigation. Historically, our attorneys have tried more cases to verdict than any other law firm in Colorado. We have more than 1,800 published decisions in the Tenth Circuit, Colorado Court of Appeals, and Colorado Supreme Court.
Our attorneys handle an extensive amount of litigation in Colorado and are routinely involved in cases in nearby states. In recent years, we have expanded our regional footprint to include office locations in Illinois, Missouri, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah, and Wyoming. Several of our attorneys serve as coordinating counsel, and many of our attorneys serve as local or regional counsel in nationwide litigation. The firm is also involved in regulatory and government affairs public policy work on behalf of the insurance industry.
*Darker grey indicates Hall & Evans state admissions
Inclusiveness is more than a buzzword.
Hall & Evans maintains affiliations with several professional organizations.
Hall & Evans is a founding member and the exclusive Colorado member of the ALFA International legal network. ALFA International is a global network of independent business-focused law firms. Founded in 1980, ALFA International is the oldest legal network and remains one of the largest and strongest. The ALFA organization is comprised of 150 member firms with 80 members in the United States and 70 members in Europe, Asia, Australia/New Zealand, Africa, Canada, Mexico and South America. Contact your H&E Attorney or link to the ALFA website for more information.
ALFA’s member firms endeavor to provide their regional, national, and international clients with outstanding legal services at reasonable costs. Member firms supplement their own expertise and resources with those of other members. ALFA clients have the benefit of a geographically comprehensive network of exceptional law firms, thereby avoiding the pitfalls of retaining counsel in unfamiliar jurisdictions. Clients also enjoy access to an unparalleled collection of seminars, reference materials, and other client-focused programs.
Hall & Evans attorneys are also active in many other professional organizations. We utilize our membership within these organizations to extend our resources on behalf of our clients. More professional organizations can be found under our practice area descriptions and individual attorney profile pages.
- American Association of Franchisees and Dealers
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Asian Chamber of Commerce
- Associated General Contractors of Colorado
- Association of Builders and Contractors
- Colorado Association of Commerce & Industry (CACI)
- Colorado Civil Justice League
- Colorado Defense Lawyers Association (CDLA)
- Colorado Human Resources Association
- Colorado Municipal League
- Colorado Self Insurers Association
- Defense Lawyers Association of Wyoming (DLAW)
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- Denver Claims Association
- Denver Metro Chamber of Commerce
- Environmental Risk Resources Association
- Estate Planning Council of Southeast Denver
- Faculty of Federal Advocates
- Federation of Defense & Corporate Counsel (FDCC)
- Federation of Regulatory Counsel (FORC)
- International Association of Defense Counsel (IADC)
- Medical Professional Liability Association (MPL)
- National Association of Professional Surplus Lines Offices, Ltd. (NAPSLO)
- National Association of Railroad Trial Counsel
- North American Transportation Management Institute
- Product Liability Advisory Council (PLAC)
- Trusted Choice Independent Insurance Agents
- Professional Liability Underwriting Society (PLUS)
- Professionals in Workers´ Compensation
- Rocky Mountain Risk and Insurance Management Society (RIMS)
- Society for Human Resource Management
- State Law Resources (SLR)
- Transportation Lawyers Association
- Trucking Industry Defense Association (TIDA)
Pro Bono Work
Hall & Evans commits to an annual goal of performing 50 hours of pro-bono legal service by each licensed attorney in our firm. Primarily for indigent persons and organizations serving indigent persons.
In recent years, Hall & Evans’ attorneys have helped clients on criminal and immigration matters, coordinating and participating in high school mock trial competitions, and serving as board members and consultants with several foundations and other not-for-profit entities.
The Hall & Evans Foundation
The Hall & Evans, LLC Foundation (the “Foundation”) was established in 1997. The purpose of the Foundation is to promote the memory of distinguished attorneys who practiced law with Hall & Evans and support causes and charities important to the legal community and general public. The Foundation provides educational scholarships and makes charitable contributions to various tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organizations in the Denver Metro area. To date, the Foundation has disbursed over $630,000 for these purposes.
Organizations seeking contributions from the Foundation must qualify as a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organization under the Internal Revenue Code. The Foundation accepts contributions and gifts from any person, firm, trust or corporation; provided, however that the gift is not conditioned to conflict with the purpose of the Foundation.
Following the tragedies including the Columbine High School shooting in Littleton, Colorado, September 11, 2001, Tsunami in Southeast Asia, Hurricanes Rita and Katrina, and the Aurora Theater Shooting, Hall & Evans encouraged its employees to make contributions to the Foundation to support the specified relief and other charitable organizations selected by the Foundation’s Trustees to be the recipient of the Foundation’s gifts.
The current Trustees of the Foundation are Lance G. Eberhart, Deanne McClung, Christine M. McGrath, and Ryan L. Winter.
Organizations We Proudly Support
- The Denver Foundation
- Denver Public Library Friends Foundation
- American Lung Association
- The Adoption Exchange
- Leukemia Society of America
- Regis University
- American Cancer Society
- American Diabetes Association
- University of Colorado School of Law
- University of Denver College of Law
- Legal Aid Foundation
News & Updates
Brooke Churchman Presents at ALFA International’s Gig Economy Regional Seminar
Brooke Churchman was recently a panelist for ALFA International’s Gig Economy Regional Seminar in San Francisco, California. The Regional Seminar provided an opportunity for industry leaders to discuss the unique challenges facing the gig economy and strategies to...
Valerie Garcia & Heather Thomas Receive a Directed Verdict
Hall & Evans attorneys, Valerie Garcia and Heather Thomas, obtained a directed verdict on behalf of a homeowners association after four days of trial in an Elbert County District Court case. Plaintiffs...
Three Promoted to Special Counsel
Hall & Evans is pleased to announce the promotion of Alexandria Bell, Elizabeth Judy, and Cari Neill to Special Counsel. The newest group of Special Counsel has shown their dedication to Hall & Evans and we...