Adam R. Knecht
Adam Knecht concentrates his practice on both transactional and business/civil litigation. Mr. Knecht’s civil work encompasses all aspects of civil trial work, including business litigation, landlord/tenant disputes, non-competition litigation, transportation law, premises liability, and insurance defense. His civil practice includes defending catastrophic injury and wrongful death cases, and defending healthcare professions against medical malpractice lawsuits, and defending the manufacturers of various products including building products and medical products. Mr. Knecht’s transactional practice involves mergers and acquisitions, general business transactions, real estate law, and securities law.
Mr. Knecht represents clients in a wide variety of litigation and appellate matters in Federal and State courts in Nevada and Utah. He has successfully defended and prosecuted cases through trial, serving as lead trial counsel in more than 20 cases generally involving complex commercial, business, premises liability, personal injury, and real estate issues. Mr. Knecht has also been recognized by Mountain States Super Lawyers® for his business litigation law practice.
Prior to law practice, Mr. Knecht had many years of business management experience in both the technology and construction industries. He also advised and provided management consulting services for various mid to large companies while working for global consulting firms Accenture and Bridge Strategy Group. Subsequent to that, Mr. Knecht was the general manager of a construction and real estate development company.
- Nevada, 2013
- Utah, 2021
- New Mexico, 2022
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of Nevada
- U.S. District Court, District of Utah
Las Vegas Office
1160 North Town Center Drive
Las Vegas, NV 89144
JD: University of Nevada-Las Vegas, William S. Boyd School of Law, 2013
BS: Brigham Young University, 1998, Finance and Information Systems, Minor in Spanish
Career Distinctions & Honors
- Mountain States Super Lawyers®, Business Litigation, 2022
- Outstanding Academic Achievement Full Scholarship
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award: Legal Writing I (2010), Legal Writing II (2011), and Evidence, (2012)
- State Bar of Nevada
- State Bar of Utah
- Southern Utah Bar
- State Bar New Mexico
- Nevada Contractors Association
- National Association of Home Builders
Business & Community Service
- Volunteer, Boy Scouts of America, 2000-present
- Volunteer, Habitat for Humanity, 1989-present
- Outside of work, Mr. Knecht enjoys spending time with his wife and children, running, boating, climbing, and hiking.