Catherine A. Freeman
Catherine Freeman represents businesses, public entities, and professionals in complex business litigation, employment, professional liability, and insurance defense cases.
Born and raised in Idaho, Ms. Freeman recently moved to Montana after practicing law in Idaho for the last decade. Before joining Hall & Evans, she focused on civil insurance defense at a small firm in Boise, Idaho. Prior to that, she worked as in house counsel for Ada County in the Civil Division of the Ada County Prosecutor’s Office in Boise, Idaho where she represented elected officials and their employees in employment, professional liability, tort, appeals, and other cases.
In 2022, Ms. Freeman received a Service Award from the Idaho State Bar and was named Accomplished Under 40 by the Idaho Business Review. The Idaho State Bar also named her Outstanding Young Lawyer in 2018. She is an active member of several professional organizations.
125 Bank Street
Missoula, MT 59802
JD: University of Idaho College of Law, 2013
BA: University of Idaho, 2009, English
- Idaho State Bar Professionalism & Ethics Section, 2013-present; Former Secretary, 2020-2022; Former Section Chair, 2022-2023; Former Anti-Discrimination Anti-Harassment Committee Chair, 2020-2023
- Idaho Association of Defense Counsel, 2021-present
- Idaho Women Lawyers, Former Gala Co-Chair, 2018-present
- Defense Research Institute, 2021-present
- American Inn of Court No. 130, Former Barrister & Team Captain, 2020-2023
- Idaho Fourth District Bar Association’s Law Day, Former Chair, 2012-2018
- Idaho Prosecuting Attorneys Association, 2013-2021
Career Distinctions & Honors
- Service Award, Idaho State Bar, 2022
- Accomplished Under 40, Idaho Business Review, 2022
- Outstanding Young Lawyer, Idaho State Bar, 2018
- Outside of work, Catie can be found playing tennis, golfing, skiing, reading, or enjoying a true crime podcast.
Articles & Publications // Presentations // Webinars
- Co-Presenter, “Free Speech Issues for Local Governments,” Idaho Prosecuting Attorneys Association, 2020
- Presenter, “A Guide to Social Media for the Public Employer,” American Association of Airport Executives-Northwest Chapter, 2018
- Panelist, “Lawyering Skills,” Idaho State Bar Association New Attorney Program, 2014-2021
- Panelist, “Warranties, Insurance and Indemnification,” Idaho Public Purchasing Association, 2019
Business & Community Service
- Idaho State Bar Grading Volunteer, 2018-present
University of Idaho Alumni Association, Former President, 2016-2022
University of Idaho School of Law Ethics Orientation Mentor, 2017-2019
- Associate Attorney, Gjording Fouser, PLLC, Boise, ID, 2021-2023
- Deputy Prosecuting Attorney, Ada County Prosecutor’s Office, Boise, ID, 2013-2021