Daniel J. Bristol
Mr. Bristol practices civil litigation, particularly in the contexts of transportation, premises liability, construction, and commercial litigation. He focuses on building close working relationships with his clients, including learning the unique business and priorities of each client. Mr. Bristol also emphasizes frequent and open communication with his clients, including providing early and accurate case evaluation. Mr. Bristol practices in Colorado state and federal trial courts as well as Colorado state appellate courts and the 10th Circuit Court of Appeals. His practice ranges from representing individuals and small businesses to large corporations, and he has litigated and tried cases with small amounts in controversy or millions of dollars at stake.
1001 17th Street
Denver, CO 80202
JD: University of Denver Sturm College of Law, 2006
BA: University of Colorado at Boulder, 2002, English, Dean’s List
Career Distinctions & Honors
- Colorado Super Lawyers®, “Rising Star,” General Litigation, 2017-2020
- Colorado Super Lawyers®, “Rising Star,” Personal Injury General: Defense, 2015-2016
Articles // Publications // Presentations // Webinars
- Presenter, “Current Trends in Freight Broker Liability,” ALFA International Transportation Phoenix Regional Seminar, November 2, 2018
- Presenter, “Rapid Response in the Automated World,” ALFA International Webinar Series on Trending Topics in Transportation, November 6, 2018
- Author, “Recent Developments in Colorado Law Demonstrate Important Exceptions to the Collateral Source Rule,” The Transportation Lawyer, Vol. 21, No. 1, July 2021
Prior to joining Hall & Evans, Mr. Bristol was a Partner at Godin & Baity, LLC.
- Colorado Motor Carriers Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Transportation Lawyers Association
Mr. Bristol enjoys spending time in the mountains with his wife, daughter, and two sons.
In addition to negotiating many favorable settlements, Mr. Bristol’s accomplishments include:
- Winning summary judgment in federal court on behalf of a trucking company in a multi-million dollar wrongful death case involving debris from a blown truck tire, Turan v. Edgar, 2015 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 19818 (D. Colo. Feb. 19, 2015);
- Winning a defense verdict as first-chair at a jury trial representing a large national retailer against claims for slander and libel per se and malicious prosecution;
- Winning a defense verdict as second-chair at a jury trial representing a Colorado business broker against claims for intentional interference with contract, intentional interference with prospective contract, and civil conspiracy where the plaintiff sought over $100 million in damages;
- Winning a defense verdict on behalf of a large national retailer as second-chair at a jury trial where the plaintiff alleged that an escalator created a dangerous condition for a child; and
- Obtaining a $1.4 million settlement on behalf of two minor plaintiffs who were sexually abused at a school for deaf and blind students.
Blog Posts About Daniel
- Daniel Bristol Published in The Transportation Lawyer on Exceptions to Collateral Source Rule in Colorado
- Hall & Evans Obtains Landmark Victory in Colorado Supreme Court Opinion That Limits Windfall Claims by Plaintiffs Who Receive Workers’ Compensation Benefits
- 17 Hall & Evans Attorneys Selected For 2020 Colorado Super Lawyers and Rising Stars List
- 22 Selected For 2019 Colorado Super Lawyers and Rising Stars List
- 23 Selected for 2018 Colorado Super Lawyers and Rising Stars Lists
- 19 Selected for 2017 Colorado Super Lawyers and Rising Stars Lists
- Colorado Courts Bar “Redundant and Wasteful” Claims For Negligent Hiring or Supervision
- Four New Attorneys Join Denver Office