Elizabeth K. Olson
Ms. Olson has a diverse practice, including construction and design, premises liability, general casualty, contract disputes, commercial matters, product liability, and professional liability. She brings a unique perspective because of the wide range of disciplines in which she practices. Ms. Olson is responsible for developing the strategy for and handling cases from inception through trial. She has litigated cases in both state and federal courts in Colorado and Arizona and has brought successful resolution to cases through mediation, arbitration, trial, and appeals. She is dedicated to providing the best service and achieving the best outcomes for her clients.
Ms. Olson serves as co-chair of the Firm’s Women’s Initiative, which is committed to the advancement of women attorneys through marketing, networking, professional development, and collegial activities.
1001 17th Street
Denver, CO 80202
JD: Arizona State University, Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law, 2008
BA: Rice University, 2002, Economics and Ancient Mediterranean Civilizations
In addition to negotiating many favorable settlements, Ms. Olson’s accomplishments include:
- Obtained a defense verdict in a jury trial representing apartment complex owner and manager in case involving alleged slip and fall on ice.
- Won motion for determination of question of law on behalf of civil engineer limiting damages to $50,000 as to all claims in multimillion dollar construction defect case involving elementary school.
- Won summary judgment on behalf of an apartment complex owner in premises liability case involving alleged slip and fall on hot tub stairs.
- Won motions to dismiss on claims for unlawful detention; malicious prosecution; alleged violation of the Colorado Consumer Protection Act; negligence; intentional infliction of emotional distress; RICO violations pursuant to 18 U.S.C. 1961-68; over serving resulting in liability; defamation; and slander.
Career Distinctions & Honors
- Colorado Super Lawyers®, “Rising Star,” Civil Litigation: Defense, 2017-2018
- CALI Award of Excellence in Philosophy of the Law
- Nasious v. Colo., 495 Fed. Appx. 899 (10th Cir. 2012)
- Wagner v. Am. Family Mut. Ins. Co., 569 Fed. Appx. 574 (10th Cir. 2014)
Articles & Publications // Presentations // Webinars
- Speaker, “Shaping the Independent Tort Duty: When and to Whom Is One Owed?” Colorado Defense Lawyers Association Summer Conference, July 2016
- Co-Author, “2015 Notable State and Municipal construction Defect Claim Reforms Aimed at Reducing Litigation and Promoting New Construction,” Under Construction the Newsletter of the ABA Forum on Construction Law, Vol. 17 No. 4
- Colorado Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association
- Colorado Defense Lawyers Association
Business & Community Service
- Reading tutor with “Reading Partners” in the Denver Public Schools
- Volunteer, Constitution Day, 2014