Fred Simpson has over 25 years of civil litigation experience representing individuals, businesses, and insurers. His practice includes general tort defense, defense of professional negligence claims, defense of disciplinary complaints against attorneys and real estate professionals, insurance coverage, insurance defense, defense of unfair trade practices claims, construction disputes, and real property/commercial litigation.
Mr. Simpson has tried multiple jury and bench trials in both state and federal court on a wide range of matters, including personal injury, fair debt collection practice act violations, insurance bad faith, property damage, employment/wage and hour claims, and easement disputes. He has also successfully briefed and argued multiple appeals before the U.S. Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals and the Montana Supreme Court. Additionally, Mr. Simpson conducts dispute resolution as a mediator.
125 Bank Street
Missoula, MT 59802
JD: University of Montana School of Law, 1995
BA: University of Idaho, 1990, Political Science
- State Bar of Montana
- Prior to joining Hall & Evans, Mr. Simpson was a partner at Jenks & Simpson, P.C.
Career Distinctions & Honors
- Martindale-Hubbell®, AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated
Business & Community Service
- Mr. Simpson has previously served on the board of Missoula Housing Authority and the Missoula Food Bank.
- McAtee v. Morrison & Frampton, PLLP, 405 Mont. 269 (Mont. 2021)
- Rochdale Insurance Co. v. Dixon, 849 Fed.Appx. 697 (9th Cir. 2021)
- Western Heritage Ins. Co. v. Slopeside Condominium Association, Inc., 2019 WL 1060704 (D. Mont. 2019)
- Progressive Northwestern Ins. Co. v. Jensen, 2017 WL 728202 (D. Mont. 2017)
- WBI Energy Transmission, Inc. v. Colony Ins. Co., 56 F.Supp.3d 1194 (D. Mont. 2014)
- Salminen v. Morrison & Frampton, PLLP, 339 P.3d 602 (Mont. 2014)
- Brilz v. Metropolitan General Ins. Co., 285 P.3d 494 (Mont. 2012)
- Leys v. Employers Ins. Co. of Wausau, 2011 WL 1239726 (D. Mont. 2011)
- McCollough v. Johnson, Rodenburg & Lauinger, LLC, 637 F.3d 939 (9th Cir. 2011)
- Moe v. System Transport, Inc., 2010 WL 4643336 (D. Mont. 2010)
- Travelers Property Casualty Co. of America v. Liberty Mutual Insurance Co., 2010 WL 5387491 (D. Mont. 2010)
- Neal v. Nelson, 198 P.3d 819 (Mont. 2008)
- Brilz v. Metlife Auto & Home, 251 Fed.Appx. 458 (9th Cir. 2007)
- Redies v. Attorneys Liability Protection Society, 150 P.3d 930 (Mont. 2007)
- Smith v. Salish Kootenai College, 434 F.3d 1127 (9th Cir. 2006)
- Superior Enterprises, LLC v. Montana Power Co., 49 P.3d 565 (Mont. 2002)
- Farmers Plant Aid, Inc. v. Fedder, 999 P.2d 315 (Mont. 2000)
- Ratchye v. Lucas, 957 P.2d 1128 (Mont. 1998)