John F. Peters
Jack Peters joined Hall & Evans as a generalist associate in 2019. Mr. Peters has a significant amount of litigation experience and he has tried over sixty cases to verdict. His trial work involves all stages of litigation, from pre-trial practice through post-trial hearings and appeals.
Mr. Peters currently serves on the Board of Directors of the Boulder County Bar Association. Prior to joining Hall & Evans, he was a Deputy District Attorney in Boulder, Colorado. During Mr. Peters’ seven years as a prosecutor, he handled all types of criminal cases including white collar and violent felonies, sex offenses, and domestic violence. He also handled civil cases including public nuisances, asset forfeitures, and administrative appeals.
1001 17th Street
Denver, CO 80202
JD: Vermont Law School, 2011, magna cum laude
BA: University of Chicago, 2004, Classical Languages and Literatures
- Colorado Bar Association
- Boulder Bar Association, Member, Board of Directors 2017 – present
- American Bar Association
Career Distinctions & Honors
- Senior Articles Editor, Vermont Journal of Environmental Law, 2010 – 2011
- People v. Penn, 32, 379 P.3d 298 (Colo. 2016)
Articles & Publications // Presentations // Webinars
- Presenter, “The Legal Effect of Turning 18,” Monarch High School, 2014 – present
- Presenter, “Finding and Using Digital Evidence,” Kentucky Prosecutors Conference, 2017
- Trainer, Colorado District Attorney’s Council, 2014 – 2018
- Deputy District Attorney, Twentieth Judicial District, Boulder, CO, 2012 – 2019
- Intern, Honorable Justice Denise Johnson, Vermont Supreme Court, Montpelier, VT, 2009
- Conversational in French, Italian, and Spanish. Knowledge of Mandarin Chinese, German, and Swedish.