John F. “Jack” Peters
Jack Peters is a trial and appellate litigator. He has first chaired over fifty jury trials, tried cases to judges and arbitrators, and handled multiple appeals to state and federal appellate courts. His practice focuses on the defense of civil rights claims against public entities; employment litigation; professional liability claims against real estate brokers and medical professionals; probate and fiduciary litigation; and general commercial litigation, including securities fraud, contract disputes, and real estate broker commission disputes. Before joining Hall and Evans, Mr. Peters was a prosecutor in Boulder County where he tried dozens of cases to verdict, handled extensive criminal and appellate work, and supervised the District Attorney’s Office law clerks.
Mr. Peters graduated from Vermont Law School magna cum laude in the top 5% of his class. He served as articles editor of the Vermont Journal of Environmental Law and worked in the chambers of Justice Denise Johnson of the Vermont Supreme Court. He continues to mentor law students and is actively involved in the legal community. Before law school, Mr. Peters was a licensed real estate salesperson in New York City and a middle school teacher in Denver.
1001 17th Street
Denver, CO 80202
JD: Vermont Law School, 2011, magna cum laude
BA: University of Chicago, 2004, Classical Languages and Literatures
- People v. Penn, 32, 379 P.3d 298 (Colo. 2016)
- Colorado Bar Association
- Boulder Bar Association, Member, Board of Directors 2017 – 2020
- Faculty of Federal Advocates
Career Distinctions & Honors
- Senior Articles Editor, Vermont Journal of Environmental Law, 2010 – 2011
- New York State Real Estate Salesperson License, inactive
Articles & Publications // Presentations // Webinars
- Presenter, “Diverse Juries Reach Better Verdicts: How Litigators can Create Diverse Jury Panels and Prevent Bias in Deliberations” Colorado Bar Association Litigators’ Summit, November 2023
- Presenter, “Qualified Immunity and the Basics of Civil Claims Against Law Officers,” Boulder County Bar Association CLE, September 2020
- Presenter, “The Legal Effect of Turning 18,” Monarch High School, 2014 – present
- Presenter, “Finding and Using Digital Evidence,” Kentucky Prosecutors Conference, 2017
- Trainer, Colorado District Attorney’s Council, 2014 – 2018
- Deputy District Attorney, Twentieth Judicial District, Boulder, CO, 2012 – 2019
- Intern, Hon. Justice Denise Johnson, Vermont Supreme Court, Montpelier, VT, 2009
- Conversational in French, Italian, and Spanish. Knowledge of Mandarin Chinese, German, and Swedish.