Kendra K. Smith
Kendra Smith is an employment litigation attorney representing public and private companies and government entities. She litigates cases in the courts and before administrative agencies, through trial and appeal. Her clients include global and national organizations, hospitals, nonprofits, utilities, municipalities, and regional and local businesses. She advises clients through employment litigation and avoidance, internal and external investigations, dispute resolution, policies and trainings, and risk management.
Prior to joining Hall & Evans in 2017, Kendra practiced at a well-respected employment litigation firm in Chicago. She believes understanding the employer and its core values is paramount to successful representation. Kendra tailors her case management approach to the strategic goals, business efficiencies, and culture of her clients.
Kendra is licensed to practice in Illinois, Colorado, the federal district courts of Illinois and Colorado, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit.
1001 17th Street
Denver, CO 80202
JD: Chicago-Kent College of Law, Illinois Institute of Technology, 2011
Certificate: Labor and Employment Law, 2011
BS: University of Wisconsin – Madison, 2008, Legal Studies, Phi Beta Kappa with Distinction
Career Distinctions & Honors
- Sandra P. Zemm Labor Practice Prize, 2011
- CALI Awards: Legal Writing, 2009
Articles // Publications // Presentations // Webinars
- Presenter, “Legal Hot Topics Webinar,” ALFA International, September 2018
- The Chicago Bar Association
- Avid skier and skilled golfer.
Blog Posts About Kendra
- Legislative Change to Noncompete Agreements Will Impact Colorado Employers
- Colorado Health Emergency Leave With Pay Rules Amid COVID-19 Pandemic: What Colorado Employers Need to Know
- Seven Named Special Counsel
- Hall & Evans Hosts Public Entity CLE Seminar
- Deference to City Decisions to Hire, Fire and Discipline its Employees Continues in Roybal v. City and County of Denver
- Employers May Want to Rethink Use-It-or-Lose-It Vacation Policies
- Corporations Are Individuals! For Service in ERISA Cases At Least
- Hall & Evans Welcomes Six New Associates