Troy R. Dickerson
Troy Dickerson has specialized in common-interest community (HOA) and commercial association law since 2008, advising hundreds of Nevada associations on corporate governance, officer and director fiduciary duties, governing document interpretation, compliance enforcement, real property issues, and transactional matters. Mr. Dickerson has also successfully adjudicated over 75 compliance enforcement cases in favor of association clientele in alternative dispute resolution (ADR) proceedings, and routinely represents association clients before state and federal agencies and courts.
Mr. Dickerson studied finance and communications at BYU and received his law degree from The Ohio State University. During law school, he worked as a Judicial Extern at the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Ohio and clerked for a land use law firm in Columbus, Ohio, managed by one of his law school professors. After moving to Nevada in 2005, Mr. Dickerson represented corporate and gaming clients for several years as a business/real property litigation associate at one of the largest law firms in Las Vegas.
Las Vegas Office
1160 North Town Center Drive
Las Vegas, NV 89144
JD: The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, 2003
BA: Brigham Young University, 1995, Business Management & Finance, Minor in Business Competency & Communications
- State Bar of Nevada
- Clark County Bar Association
- Community Associations Institute (“CAI”)
- Prior to joining Hall & Evans, Mr. Dickerson supervised the general counsel department at the Las Vegas office of a regional law firm for over six (6) years and has practiced as senior counsel specializing in association matters at several law firms throughout Nevada. Prior to attending law school, Mr. Dickerson worked in finance and as inventory manager for a retail business chain.
Articles & Publications // Presentations // Webinars
- Author, “Can HOAs Regulate Residential Solar Panels?,” Las Vegas Review-Journal, December 31, 2017 (article contributor)
- Author, “ADA and FHA Define Service Animals Differently,” Las Vegas Review-Journal, December 5, 2018 (article contributor)
- Teacher, “CAI Board Leadership Development Workshop Module 5: Association Rules and Conflict Resolution,” CAI Nevada Training, March 2018
- Teacher, “CAI Board Development Workshop Module 2: Communications, Meetings, and Volunteerism,” CAI Nevada Training, March 2017
- Author/Teacher of Multiple NRED Certified Continuing Education Courses for Community Association Board Member and Manager education credit, 2014-2020
- Raised in Southern California, Mr. Dickerson enjoys an occasional visit to the beach, running, watching college sports, spending time with his family, and learning jazz piano.