On October 31, 2018, a federal jury in Colorado District Court returned a defense verdict in favor of a grow operation located in Rye, Colorado, absolving the business entities and individual operating the grow operation of liability under the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations (“RICO”) Act. However, the case exposes businesses and individuals participating in Colorado’s marijuana industry and the insurance companies and ancillary businesses supporting or interacting with them to potential litigation.
- Benton Barton Speaking at Design Professional Risk Management Presentation on April 24th
- Bodily Injury Claims to Become More Expensive if New Litigation Finance Bill Passes Colorado State Legislature
- Theresa Vogel Published in University of Michigan Journal of Law Reform
- Benton Barton Speaking at Risk Control Seminar for Architects, Engineers, and Environmental Professionals on April 10th
- Hall & Evans Attorneys Present at NARTC Special Litigation Conference