Peter Middleton and Andrew Reitman recently obtained a defense verdict after a four-day jury trial in Jefferson County District Court. Plaintiffs asserted that a local tavern overserved a patron in violation of the Colorado Dram Shop Act, which led to a motor vehicle accident resulting in two people killed and six others injured. At trial, Plaintiffs’ counsel asked the jury to award over $5,000,000 in damages. Despite difficult facts, the Hall & Evans trial team convinced the jury that the Plaintiffs failed to show the driver was visibly intoxicated while at the tavern client. The jury found the tavern client did not violate the Dram Shop Act and entered a complete verdict for the defense.
- Hall & Evans’ Attorneys Support Denver High School Mock Trial Tournament
- Defense Verdict for Hall & Evans’ Railroad Client in FRSA (“Whistleblower”) Case
- Valerie Garcia Speaking at The Colorado Defense Lawyers Association’s CLE Presentation on Tuesday, March 3rd
- Benton Barton Speaking at Design Professional Risk Management Presentation on February 25th
- Kelley Shirk Speaking at Momentum’s Advanced Legal Strategy Summit on Litigation