Peter Middleton and Andrew Reitman recently obtained a defense verdict after a four-day jury trial in Jefferson County District Court. Plaintiffs asserted that a local tavern overserved a patron in violation of the Colorado Dram Shop Act, which led to a motor vehicle accident resulting in two people killed and six others injured. At trial, Plaintiffs’ counsel asked the jury to award over $5,000,000 in damages. Despite difficult facts, the Hall & Evans trial team convinced the jury that the Plaintiffs failed to show the driver was visibly intoxicated while at the tavern client. The jury found the tavern client did not violate the Dram Shop Act and entered a complete verdict for the defense.
- Cash Parker Presenting NARTC Webinar on Developing and Presenting Helpful Coworker Testimony
- Kelley Shirk and Quinn Girrens Presenting Virtual Seminar on Construction Defect Litigation
- Ariana Busby and Alison Burke Presenting CDLA Webinar on DORA’s Regulatory Boards
- Colorado Legislature Limits Insurers’ Failure to Cooperate Defense
- Cash Parker Presenting CLE Webinar on Business Document Drafting That Can Stand Up in Court