Andrew P. Reitman
Andrew Reitman is a seasoned trial attorney whose practice includes transportation, hospitality/recreation, construction, professional liability, premises liability, and catastrophic personal injury claims in state and federal courts. A former prosecutor, Andrew has tried over thirty civil and criminal cases to juries in Colorado. In his transportation practice, Andrew represents national railroad and trucking companies facing suits involving claims under the Federal Employers’ Liability Act (FELA), the Safety Appliance Act, the Locomotive Inspection Act, grade crossing accidents, trucking accidents, toxic exposure claims, and wrongful death claims, from initial response and investigation through trial. In a recent jury trial involving a railroad worker’s injury claims under the FELA, Andrew obtained a complete defense verdict, despite a seven-figure pretrial demand. Andrew is also an active member of the National Association of Railroad Trial Counsel.
Beyond transportation, Andrew has defended universities, retailers, recreation companies, hospitality companies and other entities facing high-exposure wrongful death, personal injury, premises liability and other tort claims, including alcohol over-service claims under Colorado’s Dram Shop Act. In his construction practice Andrew represents architects, engineers, consultants, general contractors, subcontractors, and other construction professionals in complex litigation and arbitration under Colorado’s Construction Defect Action Reform Act (CDARA) and Consumer Protection Act.
Before joining Hall & Evans, Andrew worked as a deputy district attorney in El Paso County, Colorado, where he handled all manner of serious felonies (including first degree murder) and advised and instructed state and federal law enforcement officers, police academy cadets, deputy district attorneys and assistant U.S. Attorneys regarding investigative strategies, constitutional rights, effective courtroom presentation, and ethics.
1001 17th Street
Denver, CO 80202
JD: University of Denver Sturm College of Law, 2010
BA/BS: Colorado State University, 2007, History, Construction Management, Dean’s List
Career Distinctions & Honors
- Scholastic Excellence Awards: Trial Practice, Advanced Criminal Procedure
- John Moye Corporate Law Scholarship, 2009
- American Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association
- El Paso Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association
- Minoru Yasui Inn of Court
- National Association of Railroad Trial Counsel
Articles & Publications // Presentations // Webinars
- Co-Author, “50‐State Survey of Licensed Design Professional’s Stamping and Sealing Obligations,” ABA Forum on Construction Law, Division 3, 2018
- Presenter, “Ethics and Legal Liability for Prosecutors,” Denver District Attorney’s Office, 2014
- Author, Several Court Reports in the University of Denver Water Law Review, Volumes 13:1, 13:2
- Production Editor, Securities & Corporate Law Blog, www.theRacetotheBottom.org
- Deputy District Attorney, Fourth Judicial District, Colorado Springs, CO, 2010-2013
- Judicial Intern, Judge Michael Martinez, Second Judicial District, Colorado
- Judicial Intern, Judge Jack Berryhill, First Judicial District, Colorado
Cycling, backcountry snowboarding, travel, and golf.
Blog Posts About Andrew
- Hall & Evans Attorneys Present at NARTC Special Litigation Conference
- Hall & Evans Attorneys Contribute to ABA’s 50-State Survey of Licensed Design Professional Stamping and Sealing Obligations
- Six Named Special Counsel
- U.S. Supreme Court Limits Forum Shopping in FELA Cases
- Hall & Evans Hires Two New Associates