Joseph Cavasinni will present a webinar devoted to navigating the complexities of arbitration clauses in construction contracts on Thursday, September 24th at 12:00 PM MDT. The one-hour CLE hosted by the Colorado Defense Lawyer’s Association (CDLA) is titled “Myths, Realities, Pitfalls and Advantages of Binding Arbitration,” and will provide a comprehensive understanding of the binding arbitration process and ways to effectively and efficiently manage the process. Topics will include:
- Federal Arbitration Act.
- Challenges to arbitrability of disputes.
- Modification, enforcement, and appeal of arbitration awards.
- Contract provisions affecting arbitration procedures and arbitration fees/expenses.
- Procedures and rules governing the arbitration process.
- Pros and cons of the binding arbitrations.
- Dispositive motions and other available relief in arbitrations.
- Scope of permitted discovery in arbitration.
- The Arbitrator’s role and authority in the arbitration process.
- Methods of presenting testimony at the arbitration hearing.
- Insightful practice pointers.
For more information and to register for the CLE (CDLA members only), visit CDLA.