Heather A. Thomas
Heather Thomas is a civil litigator focused on complex construction defect matters. Ms. Thomas has been passionately representing builders, developers, and various design professionals for over 20 years in construction defect litigation, commercial disputes, homeowner association disputes, partition litigation, and real estate matters.
Ms. Thomas has a broad range of experience that includes products liability, event liability, complex and catastrophic personal injury, premises liability, dram shop matters, and the Colorado Ski Safety Act. Additionally, she handles bad-faith breach of contract litigation and complex and significant subrogation and coverage-related litigation, including motion and deposition practice. Ms. Thomas gained invaluable insight into the insurance arena while serving as field counsel for a global insurance carrier. She handled a significant and diverse caseload and provided legal advice to claim professionals relative to strategy, resolution, timing of resolution, exposure, and risk transfer opportunities.
1001 17th Street
Denver, CO 80202
JD: University of Denver Sturm College of Law, 2001
LLM: University of Denver Sturm College of Law, 2009, Environmental & Natural Resources Law & Policy
BS: Colorado State University, 1995, Natural Resources Management, Minor in Economics
Career Distinctions & Honors
- Martindale-Hubbell®, AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated
- Before joining Hall & Evans, Heather was one of two field counsel for a global insurance carrier approved to work on high exposure matters in Colorado.
- Patricia Klug v. E.B., a minor, 1:14-cv-03185-WYD (D. Colo. 2018)
- Munger v. Farmers Insurance Exchange, 174 P.3d 563 (Colo. App. 2007)
- Claims & Litigation Management Alliance
- Colorado Bar Association
- Colorado Defense Lawyers Association
- National Ski Patrol
- Home Builders Foundation, Board Member, 2013-2020
- Home Builders Association, Government Affairs Committee, 2013-2016
- Metro Housing Coalition, Board Member, 2013-2016
Articles & Publications // Presentations // Webinars
- Speaker, “A Perfect Marriage: Resiliency and Insurability,” Claims and Litigation Management Alliance (CLM) Construction Conference, June 2020