Timothy M. Murphy
Tim is a native Coloradan with a diverse litigation practice and handles a variety of matters for individuals and business entities. He routinely litigates and tries cases with an emphasis in construction defect, professional liability, premises liability, HOA disputes, Fair Debt Collection Practices Act matters, and insurance defense. His legal experience also includes practice in the areas of transportation, environmental litigation, and regulatory compliance.
Tim has litigated cases in both state and federal court in Colorado and has experience in trials, arbitrations, and appeals. Tim’s professional focus is to manage litigation efficiently, provide practical legal advice, and obtain the best possible outcome for his clients.
1001 17th Street
Denver, CO 80202
JD: University of Denver Sturm College of Law, 2003
BA: University of Kansas, 2000, Environmental Science, Dean’s List
Career Distinctions & Honors
Colorado Super Lawyers®, “Rising Star,” Civil Litigation: Defense, 2013-2018
While a student at the University of Denver College of Law, Mr. Murphy worked for EarthJustice and assisted in the representation of clients concerning federal land management and litigation under federal environmental laws, including the Clean Water Act, the National Environmental Policy Act, and the Endangered Species Act.
- Colorado Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association
- Colorado Creditor Bar Association
Articles & Publications // Presentations // Webinars
Tim has authored sections on statutory employees, logo liability, and the validity of exculpatory agreements for the ALFA Transportation Compendium from 2008 to the present.
Business & Community Service
- The Denver Foundation, Travis Kubiak Memorial Fund, Volunteer
- Denver’s Road Home, Volunteer
- Volunteers for Outdoor Colorado
- Big Dogs Huge Paws, Contributor
Blog Posts About Timothy
- 23 Selected for 2018 Colorado Super Lawyers and Rising Stars Lists
- 19 Selected for 2017 Colorado Super Lawyers and Rising Stars Lists
- Subrogation and Debt Collection Under the FDCPA
- 17 Lawyers Selected to the 2016 Colorado Super Lawyers List
- Colorado Restaurant Association
- Hall & Evans Attorneys Listed in 2015 Super Lawyers
- Hall & Evans Well Represented in List of 2014 Colorado Super Lawyers