Hall & Evans’ attorneys Gillian Dale and Andrew Ringel obtained a defense verdict in Adams County District Court on March 16, 2018, after a five-day jury trial. The plaintiff brought claims against a school district and one of its officers after her employment contract was terminated in 2013. The plaintiff asserted she had been wrongfully discharged for exposing what she claimed was improper accounting in the school district’s budget, and further claimed that the district breached her contract by terminating her. Plaintiff requested an award of lost wages and emotional distress damages totaling over $443,000. The jury found in favor of the school district on the breach of contract claim and in favor of the officer on the wrongful discharge claim, and awarded no damages to the plaintiff.
- Kelley Shirk and Quinn Girrens Presenting Virtual Seminar on Construction Defect Litigation
- Ariana Busby and Alison Burke Presenting CDLA Webinar on DORA’s Regulatory Boards
- Colorado Legislature Limits Insurers’ Failure to Cooperate Defense
- Cash Parker Presenting CLE Webinar on Business Document Drafting That Can Stand Up in Court
- Retirement of Bruce A. Menk