Life, Accident, Health & Disability Insurance
Hall & Evans has represented major insurers and insurance organizations in activities throughout the Rocky Mountain Region. We are one of the few firms in Colorado actively litigating life, accident, health, and disability matters on behalf of the insurance industry. We have a comprehensive understanding of this industry, including the products, processes, issues, and legislation affecting insurance companies.
We know that defending an insurance company requires an understanding of all aspects of the insurance business, including underwriting, claims, insurance regulation, statutory accounting, distribution systems, rehabilitation, and insolvency. Our attorneys possess the skills required to effectively counsel clients in each of these areas. In particular, we have extensive experience in handling:
- Administrative proceedings before insurance regulators and other state and federal agencies
- Civil actions before state and federal courts, including ERISA litigation and managed healthcare litigation
- Multiple plaintiff and class actions asserting state, federal and common law claims
- Counseling regarding pending and newly-enacted legislation
- Drafting, review, and audit of ERISA and non-ERISA employee benefit plans
Hall & Evans’ attorneys regularly handle inquiries and claims relating to regulatory violations, conduct of agents, policy provisions, coverage and exclusion issues, wrongful denial of benefits (including bad faith), breach of statutory and fiduciary obligations, and complex contract disputes.
Our trial court litigators are complemented by attorneys practicing in the areas of appellate litigation, insurance coverage, regulatory review, legislation, and transactional work. We utilize document management databases and other programs to facilitate discovery, document handling, and trial presentation. We are familiar and in compliance with most client litigation management guidelines and participate in several electronic matter management and billing programs with our clients. We also have essential resources in medical, disability, rehabilitation and vocational issues that aid in our representation.
The ultimate goal for us is to foster and achieve the most favorable outcome for our clients by litigating aggressively and effectively or settling at the appropriate time. Our recommendations are based on a comprehensive analysis of case merits, combined with innovative insights to all potential outcomes and alternatives.
- Administrative & Regulatory Law
- Construction & Design
- Environmental, Natural Resources & Toxic Tort Law
- Government Affairs
- Healthcare / Medical Malpractice
- Hospitality & Retail
- Life, Accident, Health & Disability Insurance
- Mediators & Arbitrators
- Premises Liability
- Products Liability
- Professional Liability
- Public Entity
- Real Estate Litigation
- Sports & Recreation Law
- Surrogacy & Reproductive Donation Law
- Transportation Practice
- Trusts & Estates
- Workers' Compensation