Douglas J. Kotarek
Mr. Kotarek is the head of the Hall & Evans Workers’ Compensation Practice Group, and his practice focuses on workers’ compensation defense. He also defends businesses in employment matters and general civil litigation.
- Colorado, 1992
- New Mexico (inactive), 1988
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit
1001 17th Street
Denver, CO 80202
JD: J. Reuben Clark Law School, Brigham Young University, 1988
BA: Brigham Young University, 1985
Career Distinctions & Honors
He is currently on the Legislative Committee of the Colorado Self-Insurers’ Association and lobbies the Colorado legislature on the Association’s behalf regarding workers’ compensation legislation. He also assists in writing amicus curiae briefs to the Colorado Supreme Court on behalf of CSIA.
He is on the Advisory Committee for the Workers’ Compensation group of the Colorado Civil Justice League. As a member of the legal advisory committee, Mr. Kotarek reviews and analyzes potential judicial appointments, advises the business community of judicial/legislative issues that may have an impact on business, and assists with legislative issues that affect business.
- Colorado Defense Lawyers Association
- Colorado Self-Insurers’ Association
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance
- Professionals in Workers’ Compensation
- ALFA International
- Steering committee, Workers’ Compensation Practice Group
- Colorado Bar Association
- Workers’ Compensation Section
- Denver Bar Association
Articles & Publications // Presentations // Webinars
- Speaker, “New Legislation Respondent Perspective,” 2011 Annual Fall Workers’ Compensation Update, CLE in Colorado, Inc., October 2011
- Annual Presenter, ALFA Workers’ Compensation National Seminar
- Lead Note and Comment Editor, BYU Journal of Public Law, 1987-1988
Mr. Kotarek is fluent in Spanish, and is able to represent clients in claims involving Spanish speaking parties or witnesses.