Rob Lawrence centers his practice on complex commercial disputes including construction & design claims, professional liability, and intellectual property litigation. In addition to representing construction and design professionals in construction defect cases, he has also litigated numerous business disputes including trade secret misappropriation and patent infringement matters covering various technologies from spacecraft components to electrical systems. Mr. Lawrence has also pursued worldwide trademark enforcement campaigns on behalf of international corporations and litigated trademark disputes both in federal court and before the United States Patent and Trademark office.
While earning his law degree from the University of Colorado Law School, Mr. Lawrence clerked for the Honorable Judge Wiley Daniel with the U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado and the Honorable Justice Allison Eid with the Colorado Supreme Court. Prior to law school, Mr. Lawrence earned a Master of Business Administration degree from the University of Central Florida.
1001 17th Street
Denver, CO 80202
JD: University of Colorado Law School, 2014
MBA: University of Central Florida, 2009
BS: University of Central Florida, 2005, Biology
Career Distinctions & Honors
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch©; Construction Law, 2021
- Aspen Ideas Festival Scholar, Aspen Institute, 2016
- Colorado Cup, 1st Place Mock Trial Team, 2011
- Colorado Appellate Advocacy Competition, Moot Court Finalist, 2012
- Reilly Pozner Mock Trial Challenge, Finalist, 2012
- Howard C. Klemme Scholarship
- Jean S. Breitenstein Scholarship
- University of Colorado Law School Academic Merit Scholarship
- Wood, Smith Henning & Berman LLP, 2017 – 2019
- Holland & Hart, LLP, 2014 – 2017
- Clerk, Honorable Wiley Daniel, U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado, 2013
- Clerk, Honorable Justice Allison Eid, Colorado Supreme Court, 2012
Business & Community Service
- University of Colorado Law School, Alumni Ambassador, 2015 – present
Rob is an avid outdoorsman. Depending upon the season you’ll most likely find him on a ski slope or mountain biking trail, or backpacking through the wilderness.