Jared D. Najjar
Jared Najjar manages the firm’s New Mexico office and focuses his practice on litigation, government affairs, and insurance regulatory law.
He has a diverse litigation practice, representing a wide array of insurance carriers and other self-insured corporate defendants in general liability lawsuits. He also regularly defends national retailers and restaurants in premises liability cases. In addition, Jared defends railroad and transportation clients in Federal Employers’ Liability Act cases in multiple jurisdictions throughout the United States.
Insurers turn to Jared to act as monitoring counsel to evaluate liability and potential exposure, negotiate with plaintiff’s counsel, and develop a cost-effective resolution strategy when appropriate.
Jared’s government affairs practice spans a wide range of issues before the New Mexico Legislature. He advocates on behalf of clients in the healthcare, financial services, energy, insurance, technology, tax, tribal affairs, gaming, hospitality, and food and beverage industries.
Santa Fe Office
2200 Brothers Road
Santa Fe, NM 87505
JD: University of Denver Sturm College of Law, 2013
BA: University of New Mexico, 2009, Chemistry and Spanish, cum laude
Career Distinctions & Honors
- Editorial Staff, Denver University Law Review
- Managing Editor, Denver University Sports & Entertainment Law Journal
- Mortar Board Honor Society
- Alpha Epsilon Delta Honor Society
- Phi Eta Sigma Honor Society
- Nationstar Mortgage LLC v. Sheila J. O’Malley, 2018 WL 797545, at * 1 (NM Ct. App. Feb. 6, 2018) (reversing summary judgment and clarifying New Mexico law concerning transmutation of community property to separate property in mortgage loan transactions).
- New Mexico Bar Association
- National Association of Railroad Trial Counsel
- National Retail & Restaurant Defense Association
- Judicial Law Clerk, Chief Judge Philip J. McNulty, Colorado’s First Judicial District
- Commissioner, New Mexico Supreme Court Commission on Professionalism