Jason A. Matzen
Jason Matzen joined the Laramie office of Hall & Evans as an Associate in 2019. Mr. Matzen is experienced with all phases of trial level litigation and handles cases ranging from catastrophic injury to premises liability and beyond. Mr. Matzen represents clients in both civil and criminal settings in the State and Federal courts of Wyoming.
Mr. Matzen received his J.D., with honors, from the University of Wyoming College of Law. Mr. Matzen gained a knack for negotiation while participating in regional and national negotiation competitions on topics related to energy, oil, and gas. Also during law school, Mr. Matzen was a Summer Associate with Hall & Evans, LLC and served as an Extern with the Office of the State Public Defender in Cheyenne, Wyoming in both the trial and appellate divisions. In 2016, Mr. Matzen graduated magna cum laude from the University of Wyoming, where he received his Bachelor’s degree in Communication.
866 North 4th Street
Laramie, WY 82072
JD: University of Wyoming College of Law, 2018, with honors
BA: University of Wyoming, 2016, Communication, magna cum laude
Career Distinctions & Honors
- University of Wyoming College of Law Oil & Gas Negotiation Competition Winner, 2019
- American Bar Association Regional Negotiation Competition Winner, 2018
- National Energy Law Negotiation Competition, 2nd Place, 2018
- Ewing T. Kerr American Inn of Court
- American Bar Association
Business & Community Service
- Project Appleseed, Co-State Coordinator, 2016 – present
- Financial Peace University, Course Instructor, 2015 – present
- Extern, Office of the State Public Defender, Cheyenne, WY, 2017
In his free time Jason enjoys hiking, backpacking, and other outdoor activities with his family. Additionally, Jason is fond of physical exercise and frequently trains in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.