Josh I. Berry
Josh represents entrepreneurs, professionals, small business owners, non-profit organizations, health care companies, and corporations of all sizes. He enables businesses to structure companies, obtain investments, avoid litigation, navigate licensing issues, and resolve employment issues. Josh aggressively, and efficiently, represents and defends clients in complex legal disputes before licensing boards, administrative bodies, and state and federal courts. He frequently handles matters that include labor and employment, commercial disputes, insurance bad faith, and professional liability. In the government affairs arena, Josh monitors proposed legislation, provides policy updates to clients, and works with policy makers to protect his clients’ interests.
Josh regularly volunteers his time and energy in the community. He collaborates and fundraises with non-profits, regularly volunteers with the Veterans’ Clinic, and mentors DU and CU law students preparing for job interviews. Josh is also involved with the Leadership Foundation’s Impact Denver, the Colorado Bar Association Leadership Training Program, Toastmasters, and sits on the Board of Trustees for both the Legal Aid Foundation of Colorado and the Denver Bar Association.
1001 17th Street
Denver, CO 80202
JD: University of Kansas School of Law, 2010
BA: Knox College, 2006, Political Science and Economics
Washington, D.C., Semester Program, American University, American Politics, Fall 2005
Career Distinctions & Honors
- Colorado Super Lawyers®, “Rising Star,” Civil Litigation: Defense, 2019
- Colorado Super Lawyers®, “Rising Star,” Medical Malpractice: Defense, 2015-2018
- Nominee, Denver Business Journal’s Forty under 40, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Colorado Bar Association, Board of Governors
- Young Lawyers Division, Executive Board Member, 2011-2015
- Colorado Bar Association Leadership Training, 2014
- Colorado Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Denver Bar Association, Board Member
Business & Community Service
- Legal Aid Foundation of Colorado, Board Member, 2014-present
- Metro Volunteer Lawyers, Volunteer Attorney, 2011-present
- Colorado Lawyers for Colorado Veterans, Volunteer Attorney, 2014-present
- MaxFund Animal Shelter, Volunteer, 2010-present
- Colorado Attorney Mentoring Program, Attorney Mentor, 2014-present
Josh participates regularly in Toastmasters, loves networking and business development, is a fitness guru, and “works” with his improv group at Voodoo Comedy Playhouse on a weekly basis.