Josh Raaz is a long-time trial attorney with more than 15 years of experience as a prosecutor. Mr. Raaz focuses his practice on employment, public entity, administrative & regulatory law, and trusts & estates. He frequently defends individuals, businesses, and government entities in civil litigation.
Mr. Raaz previously served as a Deputy District Attorney for the First Judicial District’s Attorney’s Office as well as a Senior Deputy District Attorney for the Eighteenth Judicial District’s Attorney’s Office. As a prosecutor, he was the lead attorney on more than 1000 cases including homicides, sexual assaults, and crimes against children. Raaz has been recognized and was named “Investigator of the Year” and successfully worked with multiple law enforcement departments to hold organized criminal enterprises accountable for violations of the law.
In addition to managing high-profile and high-stakes litigation, Raaz worked in conjunction with Federal agencies, advised law enforcement agencies, supervised felony cases, and a team of Deputy District Attorneys.
Mr. Raaz successfully completed the Colorado Bar Associations Leadership Training designed specifically for lawyers with demonstrated leadership skills and commitment to the legal community. One of his recent achievements was his appointment to the Jefferson County Wildfire Commission.
1001 17th Street
Denver, CO 80202
JD: University of Missouri-Columbia School of Law, 2004
BA: Truman State University, 2000, History
Career Distinctions & Honors
- Colorado Bar Association Leadership Training, 2018
- Colorado Auto Theft Investigators, “Investigation of the Year” Award, 2012
- Deputy District Attorney, First Judicial District Attorney’s Office, Golden, CO, 2018-2021
- Senior Lead Deputy District Attorney, 17th Judicial District Attorney’s Office, Brighton, CO, 2007-2018
- Assistant Prosecuting Attorney, Lincoln County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office, Troy, MO, 2005-2006
- Assistant Prosecuting Attorney, Marion/Ralls County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office, Hannibal/New London, MO, 2004-2005
Business & Community Service
- Member, Jefferson County Democratic Latino Initiative, 2019-present
- Member, Jefferson County Wildfire Commission, 2021-present
- Supporter, Jefferson County Schools Foundation, 2020-present
- Colorado Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association
- 1st Judicial Bar Association
- Adams Broomfield Bar Association
- Missouri Bar Association