Nicholas J. Deaver
Nicholas Deaver’s practice focuses on civil litigation. Mr. Deaver’s experience spans from premises liability and wrongful death to coverage opinions and bad faith matters. He is also experienced with appeals and general business matters. Mr. Deaver has represented clients before state and federal courts, including the U.S. Supreme Court, and Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Mr. Deaver graduated magna cum laude from Baylor University School of Law. While in law school, he was a member of the Baylor Barrister’s Society and an editor for the Baylor Law Review. While at Baylor, he participated in Moot Court competitions, receiving First Place for Oral Argument and Best Petitioner’s Brief in the 2015 HNBA National Moot Court Competition, as well as the W. Frank Newton Best Brief Award for Baylor’s in-house moot court competition. He was also a Summer Law Clerk for the City of Austin, Texas’s Law Department. Mr. Deaver began his legal career serving as a Law Clerk for the Honorable Judge Randy Arp at the First Judicial District in Golden, Colorado. Before joining Hall & Evans, Mr. Deaver was an Associate at a small civil litigation firm in the Denver area.
1001 17th Street
Denver, CO 80202
JD: Baylor University School of Law, 2016, magna cum laude
BS: Boston University, 2012, Political Science
- Colorado Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association
- Colorado Defense Lawyers Association
Grenillo v. Estate of Hansen, 467 P.3d 1286 (Colo. App. 2020)
- Law Clerk, Honorable Judge Randy Arp, First Judicial District Court, Golden, CO, 2017-2019
- When not working, Mr. Deaver enjoys spending time with his wife, daughter, and two dogs. He also enjoys snowboarding, hiking, and otherwise spending time outdoors. In the summer, you can often find him at Coors Field.
Career Distinctions & Honors
- HNBA National Moot Court Competition, First Place: Oral Argument, Best Petitioner’s Brief, 2015
- Baylor Law Review, Technical Editor, 2015-2016; Associate Editor, 2014-2015
- Baylor Barrister’s Society