Peter M. Damrow
Mr. Damrow is a litigation attorney in the firm’s Billings office. His practice focuses on professional liability, medical malpractice defense, municipal liability, employment matters, and complex commercial litigation. He represents health care providers, local and national businesses, municipalities, and other professionals through all phases of litigation in state and federal court, as well as through administrative hearings. Mr. Damrow routinely represents health care providers before federal administrative tribunals and state licensing boards, as well as before the Montana Medical Legal Panel. Mr. Damrow has also represented various businesses in employment dispute matters before the Human Rights Bureau. Mr. Damrow has extensive experience arguing complex dispositive motions before various courts around Montana and obtained a complete defense verdict before a jury as first chair in a strict liability matter.
Prior to joining Hall & Evans, Mr. Damrow worked at another civil defense firm where he successfully briefed numerous matters before the Montana Supreme Court, argued copious dispositive motions, and acquired jury trial experience in his first years of practice. Mr. Damrow’s practice at this firm predominately consisted of defending one of Billings’ major hospitals in various medical malpractice matters.
While earning his law degree at the University of Washington School of Law, Mr. Damrow was a Managing Editor of the Washington Law Review and member of the American Association for Justice National Mock Trial Team. Upon graduation, Mr. Damrow was inducted into the Order of Barristers, a national honor society committed to encouraging and developing successful trial advocates.
175 North 27th Street
Billings, MT 59101
JD: University of Washington School of Law, 2016
BA: University of Montana, 2011, Sociology & Criminology
- Yellowstone Area Bar Association
- Board of Trustees, 2021 – present
- Montana Defense Trial Lawyers
- Defense Research Institute
- GER v. Florence: Complete defense verdict in Missoula, Montana in 2020 involving strict liability for dog bite claim.
- Christman v. Clause: Unanimous defense verdict in Billings, Montana in 2018 involving Uniform Commercial Code violations.
- Town of Fromberg v. Mackenzie: Secured the early dismissal of claims alleging violations of 42 U.S.C. § 1983 for failure to establish a vested property interest in a zoning application in 2020.
- KAT Skiing Trust, et al. v. Whitefish Ventures Inc.: Obtained the dismissal of an entire subrogation lawsuit filed against numerous defendants on the basis of Montana’s unique “Made Whole Doctrine” in 2019.
- Estate of Peterson v. The Nash Engineering Company: Secured the dismissal of a national engineering company based on a lack of personal jurisdiction in 2019.
- Roos v. City of Miles City: Obtained Summary Judgment in an employment dispute involving a variety of employment-related claims, upheld by the Montana Supreme Court as 2019 MT 103N.
- Somers v. RJC Investment, Inc.: Obtained Summary Judgment in a commercial matter involving alleged violations of Montana’s Retail Installment Sales Act, upheld by the Montana Supreme Court as 2019 MT 101.
Career Distinctions & Honors
- Montana Human Rights Commission, Chairman, January 2021 – present
- The Order of Barristers, 2016
- CALI Awards, Trial Advocacy, 2015; and Legal Research and Writing, 2014
- Attorney, Moulton Bellingham P.C., Billings, MT, 2016 – 2018
- Legal Extern, U.S. Attorney’s Office – Western District of Washington, Seattle, WA, 2015
- Judicial Intern, Hon. Mike Menahan, First Judicial District Court of Montana, Helena, MT, 2014
- Legal Intern, Lewis & Clark County Attorney’s Office, Helena, MT, 2014
Blog Posts About Peter
- Hall & Evans Prevails on Summary Judgment Motion in Municipal Liability Matter
- Defense Verdict for Hall & Evans’ Client in Dog Bite Case
- Peter Damrow Appointed to Montana’s Human Rights Commission
- Peter Damrow Coaches in Inaugural Montana High School Mock Trial Competition
- Billings Office Welcomes Two Associates