Shawn A. Eady
Shawn Eady is a civil litigator with over 14 years of legal and insurance experience. Mr. Eady represents a variety of businesses, architects, engineers, land surveyors, real estate developers, and other licensed professionals. He regularly advises clients on an array of business and transactional matters including complex contract negotiations, contract drafting, risk management strategies, real estate purchase, and corporate transactions.
Before his legal career, Mr. Eady worked for a large insurance broker where he gained unique insight in to insurance coverage and risk management issues.
1001 17th Street
Denver, CO 80202
JD: University of Denver Sturm College of Law, 2006
BA: Colorado State University, 2001, Political Science
Articles & Publications // Presentations // Webinars
- Speaker, “Ensuring Expert Testimony is Credible, Understandable, and Effective” Colorado Defense Lawyers Association Annual Conference, July 2018
- Author, “The Practitioner’s Guide to Colorado Construction Law,” Chapter 7: The Owner of the Construction Project, 2015 and 2018 Supplements
- Speaker, “Professional Liability and Engineering Law,” Halfmoon Engineering Seminar, April 2017
- Speaker, “The Engineers Risk Related to Utility Locates,” Various Client Seminars, 2018
- Co-Author, “Construction Litigation Desk Reference” Defense Research Institute, 2010
- Colorado Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association
- Colorado Defense Lawyers Association
Business & Community Service
- Home Builders Association of Metro Denver Associate Member Counsel, Board Member, 2009-2010
- S K Peightal Engineers, LTD v. Mid Valley Real Estate Sols. V, LLC, 2015 CO 7, ¶ 22, 342 P.3d 868
- Prior to joining Hall & Evans, Mr. Eady was a Partner at Montgomery, Little & Soran, P.C.